Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe off the meter. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldboiler

If my gas safe registered engineer is qualified to do pipework is that sufficient to renew the gas pipe right back from the meter or do I need someone who is qualified to work on meters?

I do not intend to do this myself but want to make sure whoever I employ is properly qualified and not over reaching themselves.

The current pipe is 28mm for the first foot and then reduces to 15mm. I want a completely new pipe 28mm off the meter.

Yes he should have correct domestic qualifications on his card.
Ccn1
Cenwat1
This is sufficient. He should also have a flue gas analyser ticket. CPA1

Provided your registered gas fitter has pipework on his/her card then
that will be sufficient for the work you want done.

No need for anything else but make sure the the card is not out of date.

Is your gas pipe undersized at the moment?
Have you had your new boiler fitted yet?

Just had some one today asked if I can connect a new gas pipe her dad will be running through the house because boiler has just been serviced and says she is only getting 6 mbar at boiler, was fitted 4 years ago by BG, asked if service engineer tested from gas meter ? tells me no, only from boiler. Told her to go home and ring Transco before putting in new pipes, its more than likely faulty governor , I will be calling Monday to retest system, Worcester G/Star heat only .

If my gas safe registered engineer is qualified to do pipework is that sufficient to renew the gas pipe right back from the meter or do I need someone who is qualified to work on meters?

I do not intend to do this myself but want to make sure whoever I employ is properly qualified and not over reaching themselves.

The current pipe is 28mm for the first foot and then reduces to 15mm. I want a completely new pipe 28mm off the meter.

your engineer will only need meter qualification if they need to alter the position of the gas meter.

Who has calculated you need a full 28mm gas carcus?

Looking back on your posts you seem to be doing quite a bit of research on this job, and now saying you want a 28mm pipe running instead of it reducing to 15mm after a ft. How do you know this and why is it important to you? Youve asked about sleeving in a previous post. Why do you need to know this? Alot of these questions give me the feeling your looking at having a go at this yourself. If im rite dont do it for the sake of yourself your family and anybody else who lives in your street. You dont need to know about these things that is what a trained gas safe engineer is there for. One post mentions you have had 4 engineers round with regards to a boiler for this job. Aslong as they are qualified they will know how to make sure the size of any pipework is correct so its irrelevent asking this you dont need to know.

Good spot Charley, cheers mate.

The op is now on my radar.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe off the meter. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock