Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe in screed.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all.

Just a a quick straw poll

whatre people's preferred methods of running gas under screed, plastic coated etc

just curious

cheers

matt

Cheers Phil. My thoughts too. Money's not really an issue here as bloke is having ÂŁ75 k worth of refurb done to his place. I just wanna do the best job as he will be renting it temporarily

Cut a bit of the plastic to cover and tape it up if a joint is needed but try not to put joints under floor

Cut a bit of the plastic to cover and tape it up if a joint is needed but try not to put joints under floor
No choice unfortunately as its gonna be a12-15 m run

Tracpipe or plastic coated copper. The extra cost will be outweighed by the saving in labour.

Trac pipe was what I was thinking of then a few guys were talking plastic coated. What do you cut trac pipe with??

Trac pipe fittings are dear but I would personally only use 2 trac to copper converters if poss just use the trac under screed and say 100mm up the wall or where ever it exits the screed convert straight to copper

Can trac run directly to outside or does it need some form of additional protection?

Trac pipe is the same as other pipes, it needs to be protected, sleeved, clipped and installed as per MI

I had a look on the trac website Kirk and they seem to say straight in screed. I'm all for doing things properly. Are they just being too simple with their advertising??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe in screed.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock