Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe in dropped ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the regs are for running gas pipes in a dropped ceiling - is it allowed?

Looking in my G1 book it talks about running gas pipes in ducts - would a dropped ceiling count as a duct? Would I need to ensure there is ventilation and this would depend on the cross-sectional area of the entire dropped ceiling i.e. depth of false ceiling multiply by width of corridor (e.g. 100mm x 2000mm)?

Many thanks,

Nat

looking to much into it imo - would be fine to run in dropped ceiling

well your not dealing with a duct imo its more towards a dry lined wall or same as installing in joists. in which case no ventilation is required as advantagous air would be enough. but if you want to be on the safe side then put a vent in... sizing the vent for the duct is in the gas regs.

x sectional area probably be between 0.05 and 7.5 which would mean 0.05 of free area per metre iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe in dropped ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock