Search the forum,

Discuss gas flow meters for purging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

What do you use? I do quite a bit of catering work but not enough yet to justify purchasing a turbine meter at around £700.

it shows this example on bes.co.uk with a standard diaphragm meter but don't you have to monitor the velocity in real time or is it acceptable to calculate afterwards?
p44new.gif

Im going to do my change over soon, so will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully some experienced people will answer the thread

You have to calculate and plan before hand to ensure the correct purge volume passes in the correct time. Diaphram meter is a bit bulky but will probably suit most smaller commercial jobs.

Last edited:
I'm just going to buy the diaphragm purge meter here. It is slightly different to a u6m designed for the purpose. After doing some research it seems using this kind of meter is common and definitely acceptable. The turbine meters you use in college are too expensive for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas flow meters for purging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi, I have bought a house that has Uponoor water underfloor heating. It was running ok but the recent cold snap has resulted in me being unable to get my rooms warm enough despite the boiler churning through plenty of gas. A little googling and poking around with a torch reveals that there may...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer & Vaillant engineer say one thing, whilst the SGN engineer says another. I do not know how to proceed and would value some informed advice. The rock...
Replies
Views
My daughter has just moved into her first rental house with gas stove and hot water in Melbourne. The meter (pictured) definitely has gas connected to the regulator. But gas is not getting to the stove or water heater. The previous tenant had turned the gas tap off at the meter but it's on now...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock