Discuss Gas fire flue requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
While doing a job for a customer the other day she asked me for a second opinion on her gas fire which had been capped off. The other guy has quoted £900 to "sort" it and leave working. Now upon inspection of the flue, other than it not being supported properly I can't see much wrong with it. I don't usually work with gas fires but do have it on my ticket. I haven't bombed the chimney but am I right in thinking just support the flue correctly and if it passes the smoke bomb and all other tests with the fire on then it's good to go or am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0486.jpg
    IMAG0486.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0481.jpg
    IMAG0481.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 40
Self adhesive foam washer that comes with it.

High temperature silicone would do and use 2 x M10 nuts and bolts and a couple of penny washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire flue requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock