Discuss gas course in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just started my gas mlp course , I'm starting to doubt whether I will get a job at the end since I would need experience, I know a couple of people that would allow me to work with them after I have finished my course. I'm aiming to be self employed at the end

Good luck. The course is, as you have realised, the easy bit. Get thinking about how you're going to complete your on site portfolio. Now imo.

I've just started my gas mlp course , I'm starting to doubt whether I will get a job at the end since I would need experience, I know a couple of people that would allow me to work with them after I have finished my course. I'm aiming to be self employed at the end
We are given 18 months to complete it, plus I know many gas engineers. Main priority is actually understand and practice what I learn

I’m gonna be honest, if you pass the course and then go self employed without at least a year of experience as someone’s apprentice, you’re gonna really struggle/fail.

Complete the course, work along side someone for 2-3 years, then try self employed.

I think you are better doing an apprenticeship. You will learn far more during 5 years than you will in 10 struggling alone. In my experience people who 'self teach' make mistakes and they can be dangerous.

What is your ultimate aim job wise?

Reply to gas course in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hey, I'm a new entrant and I've just completed my 2 year training course and have my final week gas assessment next week. I was just looking for...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock