Discuss Gas checks after repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wilco

After work has been carried out on a gas leak ( new copper section inserted to line under concrete floor ) by a qualified gas engineer, when looking at paper work what safety checks should have been carried out?

normally a purge and relight with a visual risk assessment unless the pipework route was altered greatly, No paperwork required unless requested.

normally a purge and relight with a visual risk assessment unless the pipework route was altered greatly, No paperwork required unless requested.

+1, plus a tightness test

I don't think there is an actual obligation to do but a tightness test would be a no brainer followed by a purge and test of all appliances

Don't get me wrong I do every time without fail but I was taught that it's not a must have

Don't get me wrong I do every time without fail but I was taught that it's not a must have

When/where were you taught that?
You don't HAVE to TT a LL inspection or, eg , a service. If you turn off the gas at the meter, then a TT is required.

Take your word for it mate, it's irrelevant as I always do it. But as said I find it staggering the amount that don't in any situation

Take your word for it mate, it's irrelevant as I always do it. But as said I find it staggering the amount that don't in any situation

You may think it is irrelevant, but I find it staggering that you have apparently been mis taught a fundamental. No offence intended.

These things happen mate. To be honest the fella I learned with knew his stuff but was very bad at explaining himself. One of those that was better to watch than listen to. As I said he taught me to always test so never any fear of a missed leak. Can't really understand why someone wouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas checks after repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Replies
Views
ShowerSmellProblems
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back