Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Central Heating works when switched on manually but not when switched to programm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doad49

When I switch my heating on manually, even at low the radiators are hot, but when I set it to come on with the programmer the radiators are almost cold, and the one in my bedroom is stone cold. I have an Ideal Mexico boiler.

I have had a very good plumber look into this on a number of occasions but he cannot fathom out why this should be. I have also had an electrician thoroughly check all the electrics and check the programmer, but nothing has been found, which is incredibly strange and very worrying now that the weather is cooling down.

Would anyone on this forum be able to help please?

Re: Gas Central Heating works when switched on manually but not when switched to prog

Looks like a programmer replacement to me.

Re: Gas Central Heating works when switched on manually but not when switched to prog

Looks like a programmer replacement to me.

Thanks a lot for replying. Both the plumber and electrician thoroughly checked the programmer and said there was nothing wrong with it, but the electrician did recommend a programmable thermostat which I'm going to get.

If your hot water and heating are set to come on at same time and hw isn't balanced if fully pumped all the heat goes to hw and not rads. U need to crank down gate valve on base of cylinder, had a custard with similar problem in a huge house few years ago. I'm assuming That the stat has been checked and the programmer is defo working 100%

You must have a person be it electrician or plumber who is experienced in heating controls to pinpoint exactly where any fault lies.
Assuming you have a system that includes motorised valves on an open vented fully pumped system with a programmer and room thermostat it would be simple for an experienced engineer to isolate the switching problem to a faulty programmer

If your hot water and heating are set to come on at same time and hw isn't balanced if fully pumped all the heat goes to hw and not rads. U need to crank down gate valve on base of cylinder, had a custard with similar problem in a huge house few years ago. I'm assuming That the stat has been checked and the programmer is defo working 100%

Thanks a lot for replying and I'll pass on your valued advice to my plumber and get him to check it out. Much appreciated.

Thanks for replying Micky.
Both the plumber & electrician are very experienced but it's one of these anomalies that doesn't make sense, however I'm hopeful that Ermintrude's suggestion will help to sort out this mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Central Heating works when switched on manually but not when switched to programm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock