Search the forum,

Discuss Gap Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My insurance company keeps reminding me that I must take Gap Insurance or loose out if my van is replaced or stolen as only its current value will be paid.
They say if I take out Gap Insurance, then in the event of any problems, the van will be replaced with a brand new one. I have my suspicions and declined.
Has anyone any experience in this area? Has anyone taken it and insurance paid out for brand new van?

Had it for the last three cars but never claimed on it....not really much help eh...

I have it on my new van, it seems to be the next thing in the insurance world, its like any insurance its all risk.

its an adjustment between 'market value-trade price' of vehicle and 'actual cost of replacing it for exactly the same-retail.
unless vehicle cost ÂŁ20k 6 months ago dont bother imo.

some vehicles i.e ferrari may cost ÂŁ120k new-6months later=ÂŁ70k leaving you ÂŁ50k short. thats what its for.

was on t.v earlier lol

you get nought for free, most folk accept their van is decreasing in value each year, I'd rather save on the insurance and put it towards my next van. Otherwise you could drive like a nun so that any accident isnt your fault and claim like a good'n off whoever hits you :)

I took it on a car once.
Wrote it off. My own insurer paid out within 10 days.

The gap company wouldnt pay out because the original invoice wasnt absolutely complete 100%.
The supplying garage ommitted a few boxes.
Then a complaint to the ombudsman found in my favour.
Almost 4 month and I finally got paid out.

A bunch of crooks.

It's just another way of insurance companies taking money out of you. Unless you drive like an idiot then don't bother. Insurance companies have to leave you in the same position as you are so if you have a 2 week old van that is written off with only 1k on it they have to give you a price the same as it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gap Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't...
Replies
Views
Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
We've just had a new bathroom fitted but noticed a few annoying scratches on the polymarble top, central on top at the front of the basin. Plumber has tried 'Bar Keepers Friend' to remove it but it's unfortunately taken the gloss/shine off the area and we're left with just a dullness where the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock