Search the forum,

Discuss Funny Question On Heating+Ventilation NVQ2 Exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HTG-Apprentice

Hey, Got a weird one on a exam recently and i wanted to share and see what you guys come
up with.

Q:You want to close a gatevalve to drain down and the after performing maintience, the
valve wont open again do you:
A= Get a pair of stillsons and open it with force
B= Apply Heat and try to open
C=Drain down again and replace valve
D= SOME STUPID ANSWER (cant remember)

Now im commercial, and We would grab some stillys and try and open it,
if that didn't work change the valve, so I put A, never did find out if i got
it right or not, which answer would you have put?

Answer would probably be. ( C. ) change it , There expecting you to be professional , and make sure things work properly not force things or bodge things

D: Powerflush the system.

BG standard answer, advise custard to replace whole system as the gatevalve is obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Funny Question On Heating+Ventilation NVQ2 Exam in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock