Discuss fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have these so called plumbers damaged the industry,a straight YES or NO answers only,i have heard all the arguements ,some are genuine,hard working,good etc.it would be interesting aswell if you stated if you are an apprentice, qualified n.v.q level 2 & 3, or a fast tracker. my answer :YES. qualified level 3, through an apprenticeship

I am considering never having another apprentice !(hopefully I will get over this) Am now facing an industrial tribuneral for an apprentice who swore at me and then left ! Now claims unfair dissmissal , gets legal aid etc.
You cannot work for free !!!! Its illegal on the employer, you find out all sorts when you are facing court !(our apprentice was paid by the way )

Doesn't come into it with apprenticeships. The adult apprenticeship scheme was officially closed in 2008.

and rightly so, was in the same year as an adult apprentice he finished end of 3rd and i was still an apprentice in 4th, i was better than him and he was making alot of costly mistakes !

adult apprentices done 3 year instead of 4, was unfair as i had a guy 5 years older than me in my year but because he was an adult done 3 years, was unfair so i think that's why they changed it....or maybe this was just a scottish thing ?

they just done the 3 years of college and then they were time served

why can they not be trained on the job and work as a plumbers mate, no responsibity and about 85% of a plumbers wage
If it's the fast trackers you mean, then this is a good idea and would be even better if part government funded. Otherwise they'd need to have a bit of experience before being paid 85% of the rate.
Apprenticeship-City and Guilds Advanced Craft took me 4 years and it takes about same again to become good at what you do. Every day's a school day as far as I'm concerned and ALL plumbers learn new things every day. It's a mockery to do it in 2 weeks and then claim to be a plumber.

like i said they still run, i know adults on apprenticeships

The adult aprenticeship scheme in Scotland was closed in 2008. There may be some still on it but as Gerry said they did 3 years so the last of them will be done this year.

Bathgate no more, Linwood no more, Lochaber.............no ...mo....arrrrrrrrr:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fully qualified plumber in two weeks. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock