Discuss Full strip service worcester greenstar 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
Hi guys I've got a full strip service coming up is there any tips i need to know cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 158
Read the mis as it would be listed in there and good luck

Don't forget to pick up a gasket for the heat exchanger and the cleaning brush for it too.

The was a thread with pictures about this a while back. Try a search when you get chance.

28i's are adjustable. 2.5mm and 4mm allen keys. MI's are very clear. Defo need a new gasket, will probably take a bit of time if its the 1st time you have done one

Looks like the bean can hex is about to Spring a leak... I'd warn the customer so you don't take the wrap!

The electrodes will probs be heavily worn, worth changing whilst your in there & will come with the red seal you need.

New seal and potentially new baffles inside too. It's a fiddly job the first time you do it, took me a couple of hours to get it stripped, cleaned and back together. Can't remember which model says to flush it with water afterwards, if yours does then get yourself a 500ml water bottle with a nipple on it so you can clean it with a bit of pressure from the water bottle when you squeeze it.

they are a pain when the baffles are free, let alone when they are caked up. Big coffee mug needed.

Not seen one like that. I'd get my wellies on before i took that burner out!!

is the boiler losing pressure? i have had the pressed seal leaking on the heat exchanger before. hard to tell from the picture. is covered under 10 year warranty though

is the boiler losing pressure? i have had the pressed seal leaking on the heat exchanger before. hard to tell from the picture. is covered under 10 year warranty though

Nah boiler pressure fine so where would that leak be from just the red seal knackerd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Full strip service worcester greenstar 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock