Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fuel cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone got a company they can suggest or recommend? Do you get any discount etc? Might be a worthy forum sponsor if there is one that offer a good deal to smaller businesses? My main reason is to simplify the payment into one monthly amount and keep track of receipts etc.

i got bp card but not really impressed, not using it really as prices not much cheaper

Our experience of fuel cards is they are more expensive than the local supermarket prices. Not worth it unless you are employing staff and want to avoid giving them cash to buy fuel imo.

Best deal that we have been able to find is the supermarket fuel cards. Fortunately all our branches are close to either a Sainsburies or a Tesco so they get most of our fuel business.

We had used PHH (Allstar) for more than 10 years, but they started charging an admin fee of ÂŁ2 every time it was used - which on a fleet of delivery vans can really add up. So the drivers only have those for emergencies.

I use uk fuels ÂŁ110.9 + vat this week.
you can use the card or if its cheaper at a supermarket, use them.

best way though is get a credit card with rewards, get fuel at the cheapest place, pay off at the end of the month and pocket the rewards.

Uk fueks for me, can use it at tesco, morrisons and shell.
Get a vat invoice emailed through five days after purchase, so keeps it all tidy for books, vat man etc. no more lost fuel receipts

i also use uk fuels. save a couple of pence per litre. use at tesco and still get clubcard points.
the most convenient station for me to use is over 140 per litre so i save a good 6p per litre and can use this station again without avoiding it as previously had to on prices.

tip, - there is a fuel card comparison site. look into which card can be used around the area you are in. location plays a big part in choosing ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fuel cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
Hi, Today I noticed one of the tiles in my shower enclosure has a crack in per the pictures below... I'm not sure how long it's been there but we...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I'm Rich, one of the co-founders of Kanda, a quoting and invoicing tool that lets you offer finance, take card payments, and go...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock