Search the forum,

Discuss Freestanding bath; standard taps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jimbobagins

I have a freestanding bath to install - modern variety but with standard bath taps rather than floor standing. Has anybody done this and how did you connect the taps? Is there a tool or sequence which allows tightening of the taps?

Can you please include a picture.

Is the plumbing (the pipes) to be exposed? (Nothing wrong with that in my book even if it's not the modern way)

Do the taps still fit to the bath. You do get wall mount taps (I think you would have to consider condensation on the cold tap with those, so need specific design for that application)

Taps are normally BSP thread connections so either use a hose with BSP adapter at the end, or a solid pipe fitting to go on the end of the pipe that connects to the tap. Note BSP sizes are internal dia of the pipe.
The BSP fitting will have a washer in it (usually rubber for a hose, and fibre for a solid brass pipe connector fitting). That washer seals on the end face of the BSP threads that come out the tap (so make sure the end of the threaded pipe is nice and smooth. Just do up with adjustable spanners if you have access, or basin wrench if space is tight.

Best of luck, and keep asking what you don't understand.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur)

Reply to Freestanding bath; standard taps in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of a long, steep hill. We struggle with very high and often fluctuating (around 7 bar) water pressure, which wreaks havoc with our water heaters. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock