Discuss Flushing systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What method do you use ?

Am on an old y plan system, 3 old rads in system.

Replacing 2 rads.

On this job I threw some cleaner in f an e for a week, left heating on.

Tomorrow I'm going to flush each rad one by one with the mains on, then throw some x400 in an leave in for a few hours, drop it an refill with 100.

Just hope that the cleaner is not just sitting in the tank ! you need to make sure that it is in the system, did you drain out then refill adding the cleaner ? how dirty was the heating water ? is the system being used each day ? so that the cleaner is pumped around the system. Have you advised that a filter is fitted on the system ?

Just hope that the cleaner is not just sitting in the tank ! you need to make sure that it is in the system, did you drain out then refill adding the cleaner ? how dirty was the heating water ? is the system being used each day ? so that the cleaner is pumped around the system. Have you advised that a filter is fitted on the system ?

yes, the system has been left on constantly, as its empty.

no filter has been bought by them

with all the effort your going to your probably better to just stick the powerflush pump on it and do it 100% correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flushing systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone offer me advice, I’ll try and keep it short! Just cleaned my magma cleanse unit, and it wasn’t too bad since last boiler service 1...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock