Discuss flues in car ports in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi ive been asked to quote for a BC in and the flue at the moment comes out under a car port, car port roof is almost 2 stories high and roof of it is above the flue by almost 2m, what would you recomend for siting of new boiler, customer states she wants it in existing posistion?

As long as you have two open sides to the car port and you have 200mm and it's a New room sealed fan boiler you will be ok

has to open sides, has gates on each end but still open, and yea it has alot more than the 200mm stated in MI but just wondering peoples take on it, because it does state in MI not reccomended, my gut feeling is that its a big open car port and shouldnt be any problems

Are you gas safe? And it's your call if is says don't then don't but if it's says not recommended it's your call but wot I can see there is no reason why not

Have a look at 5440 and mi. it's all in there.

i wonder if theres a problem with plume condensing on the roofing and dripping down?could you take a plume management kit up thru roof ?

Of the top of my head I think flue's have to be 1200 mm from an opening under a car port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flues in car ports in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Hi Could anyone help or advise me please? I have a Black 5'' Convesa Twin Wall Flue from my dining room to outside wall, the flue needs another...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hoping for some advice and pointing in the right direction. I have a Worcester Bosch 40he condensing boiler, supplying hot water as...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock