Search the forum,

Discuss Flue too close to the window, gas safe not interested. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

samwilko

Gas Engineer
I went out to do a landlord safety check to day on an 8 year old property. There is a valiant ecotec 831 plus in the kitchen with only 220mm to the openable window.
There is a row of three of these houses all with the same flue too close to the kitchen window. All have passed every inspection up till now.
i phoned Vaillant just to double check i was t missing something here and for some reason this was allowed, you doubt yourself when everyone else has passed it and its been built so recently. They confirmed that it definitely needs to be 300mm away.
So i phoned gas safe just to double double check my self before causing any upset. I was shocked at the response I got.
I was convinced this was At Risk. window open, wind in right direction fault on boiler and hey presto carbon monoxide coming back into the kitchen.
According to gas safe though it is only non compliant. It would have been NCS when that existed but now its just non compliant and is not to be written on the CP12. He said I should just have a verbal conversation with the owner and that will suffice.
That is an absolute joke, how am I supposed to cover myself and make the tenant and landlord aware of the risk? By having a verbal conversation? I thought this was absolutely disgraceful, they are telling me to sign this off as safe according to the CP12.

quote; I was convinced this was At Risk. window open, wind in right direction fault on boiler and hey presto carbon monoxide coming back into the kitchen.

80mm not going to kill anyone though!

i think it should be a score system left to engineer.. 5=fekin dangerous-3= not right-1 its naff!
3 naffs and its sh1te

Wouldn't lose sleep over it. Lot worse out there. As long as co detector in house and all working ok just note that you mentioned it. Not saying it's right but demo won't cause any danger so can't be at risk.

I thought ar as well. There's potential co could enter the property, how Is that NTcs?

Sure it says in the regs its only AR "if following an assesment POC are found to be entering the property"... See quite a few that are under 300mm think you just need to use your own judgment

Because it's diluted with outside air. Let's face it there's a potential with 300mm all depends on the wind direction.

its not fitted right but as wattsie says theres a potential even potential for CO to enter at 300mm given the right conditions. i wouldnt be losing sleep for 80mm just right it down on the sheet then your covered.

Take a picture, make note in your diary and right in the names of who you spoke to. Also anything else that will cover you.

I still note all non compliant situations on a cp12, and then just inform customer

There is no at risk for flue too close to an opening. It was either ncs or if poc entering property then id. It's written in black and white in the unsafe sits book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue too close to the window, gas safe not interested. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock