Discuss Flue through Flat roof. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Had a look at quoting for a combi swap the other day and found the vertical flue going onto a flat roof was right next to a bathroom window. Am I correct in saying that the metal white part of the flue can't exit the flat roof and go up a part of the building and be changed into a VTK? It was my understanding that the white metal part of the flue is all internal and the only external part is either the end terminal or a vertical terminal. If this is the case it'll all have to be rerouted internally. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Correct

Had a look at quoting for a combi swap the other day and found the vertical flue going onto a flat roof was right next to a bathroom window. Am I correct in saying that the metal white part of the flue can't exit the flat roof and go up a part of the building and be changed into a VTK? It was my understanding that the white metal part of the flue is all internal and the only external part is either the end terminal or a vertical terminal. If this is the case it'll all have to be rerouted internally. Any thoughts much appreciated.
Doesn’t stop people doing it the wrong way though mate.

cheers guys, its one of those questions where you want the wrong answer that you know is wrong to make your life a whole lot easier.

Vaillant were happy with it last time I checked was a couple years ago. They said as long as the clamps are siliconed internally to the flue and the seam that's screwed to stop water ingress it was OK to do. However when I checked at glowworm they said no even tho the flue is the same, the tech guy couldn't answer as to why not but it was a no but yes to Vaillant .

Vaillant were happy with it last time I checked was a couple years ago. They said as long as the clamps are siliconed internally to the flue and the seam that's screwed to stop water ingress it was OK to do. However when I checked at glowworm they said no even tho the flue is the same, the tech guy couldn't answer as to why not but it was a no but yes to Vaillant .
Had the same conversation with Vaillant as I fit Vaillant’s all the time and I have never done it. Came across one on a LGSC & AR it. Wasn’t taking any chances

Vaillants allow it but you have to silicon the joints outside, that's what they told me, but this was a commercial one with the larger flue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue through Flat roof. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
T
Morning, Im in a top floor tenement flat with access to the attic space. I have a combi boiler with flue that emits vertically up through the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock