Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Gas Analyser calibration cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kestrel

Can you tell me what is an average cost for a FGA to be calibrated annually ?

It depends on the make and what else requires doing. I have found Kane to be one of the more reasonable.

Telegan charged me ÂŁ70 this year but no parts needed replacing. I find the Telegan service good but slow at times.

How long was you without your FGA ?
Is there an average time it takes to get it calibrated ?

Kane average about 5 days and cost ÂŁ88 +vat to calibrate and ÂŁ155 + vat to service/calibrate (replace O2 sensor etc which has to be done every 2nd year)

I've just sent in my Testo,and it needs new co and oxygen cell,service and calibration -ÂŁ275+vat!!! I think Testo take the ****.I can buy a brand new 327 without printer forÂŁ397+vat.But I'm gunna go for a Kane 250 - ÂŁ460+,apparently more robust and better on oil which i do more of.An independant heating spares outlet in South Yorkshire dont deal with Testo anymore because they had loads of complaints about the cost of the service/calibration etc..

Testo do take the p***. ring up poole calibration services. They were excellent this time with my testo 325m. They collected it and delivered once done. Testo had mine for a month last time and it was the LAST TIME i will use them!

Jim

I sent my analyser back to Testo for calibration using their so called 3 day service. They send you a label and you contact TNT for collection - all seemed good.

I emailed them today a week after they received it to ask if I was getting the calibration done free (as they offer) as it wasn't done in 3 days. They emailed me back to say they quotation for cal was issued today, and under their terms & conditions they have 3 days once I accept their quotation!

****! if they were busy they could hold on to it for a month before issuing a quotation. The quote came back at ÂŁ90 odd inc vat.

Don't they realise we cant really function without these instruments? I had to go and buy an a water gauge (couldn't find my old one) as I rely on the analyser for tightness tests as well.

Is poole calibration services pooleinstruments.co.uk ?

Regards
Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
When i bought the Kane 455 kit I was told all annual services for the kane products have to be sent to kane themselves to be done, so it's cheapest to go with the kane 5 year service plan for I think ÂŁ88 a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Gas Analyser calibration cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock