Discuss Flexy hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jsc

Morning all, I have just replaced some basin taps in my bathroom. They are bristan taps and suitable for all pressure types. My question is the flow rate is rubbish but my bath tap is fine, so I'm thinking do flexy pipes collapse inside with time? It is only the cold tap doing this. Cheers guys

You'll probably find the internal bore of the flexi is 2-3mm less than the 15mm or 22mm rating it carries... that will reduce flow proportionately.
TH :cool:

flexys= diy rubbish copper=proper replace with the right kit

usuall for kinks in pipe to restrict flow, or debris blocking tap outlet.

Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll pull off the flexi anyway and replace with copper might as well do the hot at the same time. Looks better anyhow. Thanks again !!

Yes! I have seen flexis collapse inside like a shower hose. Orrible things!

But would not gurantee I would never use one if stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexy hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock