Discuss Flexi hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like flexi's personally but have used them in difficult tight spaces, the key is to buy wras ones and not kink or twist them up and really you only need to have isolation valves on float operated valves for maintenance.

As per the water regs each appliances/outlet should have the ability to be independently isolated

All though I agree there usually useless I still fit them to everything where practical, but usually just put to good quality full bores on the hot and cold incoming into the bathroom

The regs state that float operated valves need to be isolated. Doesn't actually mention about any other appliance

20151014_143542.jpg

Like this?

Opps, dunno why it`s sideways!

Last edited:
3ef085f2e2da1bc3c2baf07728fb9f8d.jpg

This is like top-trumps.
(BS6700)
9e01eadd9a5ce162fc30e54475860b86.jpg

[emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
As per the water regs each appliances/outlet should have the ability to be independently isolated

All though I agree there usually useless I still fit them to everything where practical, but usually just put to good quality full bores on the hot and cold incoming into the bathroom

I never use isolating valves on baths. If I had to use them, I would use full flow best quality valves. Those ordinary cheap isolating valves, as we know, are trouble.
I don't see the point in valves on bath supplies, as on the very rare occasion you need to do a simple repair to the bath taps, it just needs the water turned off briefly. Don't want to remove a bath panel just to turn valves off. And when a bath tap needs totally replaced, or when a bath has to be removed, it's easy just to plug the pipes temporary.

I do the same. I like to keep maximum flow to bath taps on gravity systems especially.

Truth is none of us know what the risks of fleximagigs really are.

We go on personal experience and hearsay. The plural of anecdote is not data.

If we had access to total estimated flexible hoses installed over a ten year period - biggest sample size possible plus total estimated bursts, referenced against instances of poor installation, it'd make for some interesting reading but I bet we'd all be suprised at the figures one way or another just because we don't know.

What percentage of 100,000 moderately improperly installed flexi's (not massively snaking or twisted) will burst within ten years? Guesses on a postcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi hoses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock