Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss fixing combi boiler to termalite wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

abelag

Gas Engineer
hi everyone, just wondered which fixings you use to fit combi boilers in new houses when the walls are built with termalite blocks ?
cheers

Rawlbolts, but sometimes the block just literally fall to bits.

depends on the boiler and the soundness of the wall. Is it a dry lined wall? (dab and board) if so then get the plaster'a to dab the entire area of where the boiler will sit and you will get goo fixings with 3 to 4" screws without worry. If its not dabbed well you may distort the wall area.

long coach bolts are a good idea also.

to be honest there are alot of different types of these blocks depnedant on the walls designed structual load, as the higher the load the more dense the block and the better the fixings will be.

Last edited:
thanks aw thats a good idea about dabbing the whole area, its an extention and luckily it's not been boarded out yet. i hate these type of blocks they're as soft as butter

i normally use a spray paint and mark up boiler, rads etc.... on blocks so the plaster'a knows where to dab heavy.

got to say the rawlplugs and bolts that come with vailants seem to hold in most walls think there fischer fixings so probably exspensive to buy seperately
from what ive seen watching others a lot of the time bad fixings are caused by fitters who dont have the right drill for the fixing and try to get away with wiggling the drill which gives a crater not a hole and little chance of getting a good fixing

Last edited:
If I'm in doubt of the strength of fixing that I can get I normally fit 3/4 ply to fix the boiler to. It gives you scope to get a lot more fixings in than you can with the boiler bracket. I've even had to resort to chemical resin fixings on a couple of occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fixing combi boiler to termalite wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Oily smell from boiler recently before failed. Great plumber sorted though when opened external baffle at front of sealed flue the internal spring...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock