Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting 900mm shower door in 915mm space between walls in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

S

StefanoPlumbs

I live in the UK and I need to buy a shower door to fit in a 915mm gap between two walls of my shower room. Most 900mm shower doors available here have 30-to-40mm inward adjustments to fit in a space that is slightly narrower than 900mm, or to address wall unevenness, but not outward adsjustments for spaces that are slightly wider than 900mm, as in my case (the only shower door that fits a 880-920mm costs 4 times as much as the standard ones). Are there any simple/not-so-expensive ways to address/fill in the 15mm gap when installing a standard 900mm door? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Yes.
Buy an extension profile from the same manufacturer as your door -will look professional.
Or even cheaper , use a strip of timber - either hardwood varnished or softwood painted / varnished several times before you install it. Doesn’t look so neat, but works perfectly.

Yes.
Buy an extension profile from the same manufacturer as your door -will look professional.
Or even cheaper , use a strip of timber - either hardwood varnished or softwood painted / varnished several times before you install it. Doesn’t look so neat, but works perfectly.

Thank you so much.

Reply to Fitting 900mm shower door in 915mm space between walls in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock