Search the forum,

Discuss First fixing shower watse on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey when first fixing shower waste pipes on new builds, is it usual to leave the pipe under the floor near the waste obviously the right side of any joists and connect later when fitting the tray by lifting a section of flooring.

Yes, unless as Ermintrude has said, it is a raised tray, then waste pipe between joists & preferably clipped against a joist with a slight continual fall. That way it won't be in danger or sagging.

Thanks, is the shower tray needed or at least the dimensions off it to make sure the waste pipe is the right side of the joists to the shower tray waste outlet. As they tend to be in different places.

Thanks, is the shower tray needed or at least the dimensions off it to make sure the waste pipe is the right side of the joists to the shower tray waste outlet. As they tend to be in different places.

Yes, - better you know what tray & waste position. I would also check tray waste hole position incase it is directly where a joist is!

If you put the shower waste in without a shower tray being decided apon, then you are responsible & a customer that has been dithering for ages on what tray/where will suddenly blame you for a incorrectly fitted waste pipe.
Get everything decided by the customer, where possible & keep or photocopy/ take photos with your camera of any bathroom plans the customer loans you!

Yes, - better you know what tray & waste position. I would also check tray waste hole position incase it is directly where a joist is!
Which would mean a riser kit or different tray. Is there a set distant you leave the pipe below the floor so its not too high for the tray, guessing a couple of inch to top of pipe will be ok?

Which would mean a riser kit or different tray. Is there a set distant you leave the pipe below the floor so its not too high for the tray, guessing a couple of inch to top of pipe will be ok?

Most traps on trays are close below the floorboards, but do have an angle for a fall from trap, if you know what I mean. As you say, a couple inch from top of joist to top of waste pipe will be close, but if you have plenty of depth it may be worth considering a tad lower & keep the waste pipe to the furthest joist so you have room to do what you want with the pipe. If the waste ends up an inch too low, then the trap running same direction as waste pipe & then 2 of 90 degree bends will let you connect or you could use 45 degree bends.

all ways leave them low and best at right angle to where the waste will be most ive seen recently are on waste flexis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fixing shower watse on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste, and pipes etc are in) The builder is not installing the sanitary ware as I will have to save up in order to fit the shower room in a few years time...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
New house and smells comes from shower... It's a merlyn shower waste it's not like your usual design. I've lifted up the chrome but or I'm I suppose to lift up the other bit to get the hair bucket removal out? This design I don't see where the seal is to stop smells through?? Any experience...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock