Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird combi 90 boiler help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crazyhorse

Hi,
We have a firebird combi 90 boiler and up until a week or so ago it was working fine.There are 2 switches with timers on the front, 1 for hot water the other central heating.I can have hot water or heating ( timed or constant ) with no problem. When I try to get heating and hot water at the same time it only gives me hot water.No matter what combination i try timed or constant, I only get hot water. If i turn the hot water switch off the heating will work fine.Like I said at the start all was working fine, ie hot water and heating at same time up until a week ago. Anyone have any ideas ?

Kind regards

Phill

Sounds like an electrical problem. Difficult to diagnose without being there and certainly not able to talk you through electrical testing. Best get an engineer in.If the flow switch was stuck you wouldnt get heating at all.

As above, sounds like an interesting one though, sorry cant help without being there.

Thanks both, are you allowed to recommend me an engineer in the South Wales area ? (Carmarthenshire)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring firebird they will have someone near you who should be trained up. There were a lot of firebirds instslled in wsles. Failing that try the oftec website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird combi 90 boiler help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My firebird oil boiler hw supply is luke warm, but does heat up slightly when run if the ch is on at the same time. Is this a faulty diverter valve? If so could I replace this myself as I've heard they're expensive to fix. Tia
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now completed damp proofing works & I need to extend these 4 pipes to go through the wall and into a new boiler room. This area will then be stud wall and...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock