Search the forum,

Discuss Finding leak due to pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

BHi

I hope somebody can help.

The Pressure on my boiler lasts for 4 or 5 days. Has been like this for sometime. My question is if the leak is from the bottom of one of the radiators wouldn't that radiator need to be bled eventually? As the tops of all if the radiators are hot doesnt this limit the leak to the top of the radiators or pipework or boiler above the radiators?(Boiler in attic) Thankyou

1/ Isolate boiler from heating system and test.
2/ Isolate heating system from boiler and test.

From doing that you should find whether the boiler or heating system have a leak, you might even find both have leaks

BHi

I hope somebody can help.

The Pressure on my boiler lasts for 4 or 5 days. Has been like this for sometime. My question is if the leak is from the bottom of one of the radiators wouldn't that radiator need to be bled eventually? As the tops of all if the radiators are hot doesnt this limit the leak to the top of the radiators or pipework or boiler above the radiators?(Boiler in attic) Thankyou

Hi,

It’s not necessarily a radiator leak. Could be leak on the boiler - I advise to employ a gas safe registered heating engineer. There is a way of finding radiator or pipe leaks as well which would be down to a heating engineer.

Might not be what you’re after but forum and legislative rules.

Thanks,
Cbw

If the leak is from the bottom of one of the radiators wouldn't that radiator need to be bled eventually?
No. The system can provide the water needed to keep it full.
As the tops of all if the radiators are hot doesnt this limit the leak to the top of the radiators or pipework or boiler above the radiators?
No. The leak could still be anywhere. A good way to find non-obvious leaks is 'divide and conquer'. The first step of this process is to decided whether it's in the pipework or the boiler, as a previous post suggested.
You're welcome.

Reply to Finding leak due to pressure drop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I have an 8 year old Potterton HE Gold combi boiler losing pressure. I have isolated the central heating to leave just water heating and it is fine. As soon as the central heating is introduced the pressure drops to zero within an hour. I have had floor boards etc up but cannot find a leak...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock