Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop key stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have a greenstar 37cdi boiler and the key for the filling loop is stuck.
I can turn it to the Lock / unlock positions OK and fill te system by the the needle valve but cannot fully remove the key. Is it OK the leave the key in place as any extra force will break the plastic filling loop.

Fine to leave in

Load's of people leave the key in, amount of times I've been to these boilers and customer has lost the key more so in rental property's

Do not give the key a “hard time” without being able to get to your stop tap quickly, a customer of mine pulled one out and nearly flooded his kitchen .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Filling loop key stuck in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the flexi filling loop in place (Taps closed) would you remove it or leave it be? Also if you notice one valve open and the other closed, once again, would...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my first post here so go easy on me... 😄 I have Danfoss HPA2 motorised valves fitted to my heating system and one of them is giving me problems again. Typical as its the same one I replaced in December 2022. The heating never came on today so I checked the valve and the lever on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wonder if someone can help. We have a Worcester MT10 combi boiler that has a fault with the expansion vessel. The landlord is having the boiler replaced this weekend, but in the meantime I was advised by their plumber to top up the pressure each morning (as it's currently dropping...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called all sorts of problems! There is now only one tiny radiator with heat in it. There is no pressure gauge on the boiler , I can’t find a full loop on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock