Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop and topping up probs on Vaillant ecotec plus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dicksibo

Cannot get mains water to flow into system using filling loop. Filling loop connected, both stop valves open and only about 0.9bar in the system but mains water (plenty of mains pressure) will not flow into the system. I have uncoupled the filling loop at the stop valve (at the other end to the double check valve) and proved mains water pressure is flowing through the filling loop.

Any ideas on my next move would be greatly appreciated. I should add that the system is working OK, just want to top up the system pressure. Also I have used this filling loop to top up the system pressure on previous occasions without problem. And no I don't have a system leak, natural degradation of system/line pressure.

Try it without the check valve, and replace if jammed

Last edited:
is your mains pressure only .9 of a bar?

"and only about 0.9bar in the system but mains water (plenty of mains pressure)" Have you tested this with a gauge?

Is the pressure gauge on the boiler faulty?

press the minus button on the front of the boiler, this will give you the "electronic" pressure of the system, it will tell you if the guage is faulty ,more likely to be a stuck nrv.

If only it where that simple, the nrv is push fit and retained by a cir-clip, not a threaded connection. I've had the nrv out and checked for directional flow, it appears to be working OK. Unless any better ideas come up my next move is to remove and check the service valve that the filling loop connects to. The service valve has a bleed point fitted and when cracked open this works OK.

Looks like I've got to drain the system down, was trying to avoid that palaver.

is your mains pressure only .9 of a bar?

"and only about 0.9bar in the system but mains water (plenty of mains pressure)" Have you tested this with a gauge?

Is the pressure gauge on the boiler faulty?

0.9bar in system; mains pressure at least 2.0bar. Boiler pressure gauge appears to be OK, generally agrees with what LCD displays says when I press "i"

there are two taps to the filling loop, because the handles are made of plastic they some times appear to be turning but are not opening the valve, take the handles off (just a small screw in the middle )and use a spanner to open the valves.

you can see the valves here.

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 52
there are two taps to the filling loop, because the handles are made of plastic they some times appear to be turning but are not opening the valve, take the handles off (just a small screw in the middle )and use a spanner to open the valves.

Tried that bill577, both valves are turning thru 90degrees OK. Worth a try though

faulty pressure gauge or sludge in system ! drain down to 0.0 bar ,then start filling up if then you hear water going in this will mean that if there is 2.0 bar mains pressure you have faulty/sludge pressure gauge !

make sure you open both flow and return valves under boiler

when open they must been in line with pipe work ,you will need alen key or big screw diver ,make sure you do not damage them

Hello, I got to this post via searching Google for a Vaillant ecotec pro boiler that cannot fill up. Apparently I have a very similar problem to the creator of this thread, I have a working combi boiler, water is normally available in the house, I know what an external filling loop is and have filled up my boiler in the past but when trying to open both vannes in the "U"-like filling loop, nothing seems to happen. No sound or other evidence of water flowing. I have opened a new thread under the name "External filling loop of Vaillant Ecotec pro appears not working" in this same forum area ("Central Heating Forum") please check if you actually see this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Filling loop and topping up probs on Vaillant ecotec plus 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock