Discuss FF250 tripping on H/W only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
New on here and looking for some help with my Boiler/hot water.
Got an Ideal Classic ff250 its over 15 years old but been very reliable, problem is the boiler overheat trips out but only on hot water - all ok while the heating only or heating and hot water is on.
Tried a new thermostat on the hot water tank and motorised valve but no better, pump seems to run ok and no problems with the cold feed from the F&E tank.
Started cutting out every few weeks then 2 or 3 times in a week then back to every couple of weeks, very random with no obvious pattern.
When it cuts out there is some loud banging and clanking of the pipes in the airing cupboard and the vent /overflow pipe to the F&E tank gets red hot.
The boiler is in the garage while the hot water tank, motorised valve and pump etc is upstairs in the airing cupboard
Really appreciate any help.
Cut out again on HW this morning after about 15 minutes, not sure if the boiler trips before or after the banging of pipes and venting in the airing cupboard because it's so random. The pump continues after the boiler has tripped.
Unfortunately I am not working at the moment so looking for an 'easy fix' (if only) before calling the cavalry in !

Providing everything is wired correctly, could be a weak/sticking pump
Has the system got a working auto bypass valve

Good news: not a faulty boiler. As cylinder stat + MV. renewed and cold feed OK. suspect partial blockage of coil.This can be confirmed by comparing temperature of coil at inlet and outlet when boiler next cuts out, Large difference with outlet temperature near temperature of water in cylinder indicates partial blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FF250 tripping on H/W only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock