Search the forum,

Discuss few weeks work in merseyside on bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDH.PLUMBER

any local lads from liverpool who want some work experience installing bathrooms, plus bit of tiling and plastering ? the young lad am learnin is off on holiday for 3 weeks (must be payin him to much:p) i can take me time on the work ive got lined up so thought i'd offer someone a chance to have a go on the tools, ill take you through what to do, ill give you 30 a day an theres 3 weeks work for the right person.

Thanks for offering a bit of work experience to one of our trainee members,anyone interested,please just pm the op

Last edited by a moderator:
god dam wish i was the area

just got in from fixing mr albanians bodged bathroom that was fitted 2days ago in rochdale shocking to be honest an i was thinking ill have loads of messages an not 1 reply for experience... cant say i didnt offer

hi mate, im in liverpool myself 32 yrs old and are a very keen learner, i can tile and plaster quite good already to be honest and vague plumbing experience. but would be made up with more experience. message me or call me on 07731 604 445 thanks paul

Not being flippant, but doesn't the min wage count on trainees/apprenticeships? Are they exempt?

Apprentice minimum wage under 19 or if over 19 in first year of apprenticeship £2.50/hr. 1st year apprentices don't fit bathrooms and if they did you would be paying them a fair bit more than that.

You can pay £96 per week for an apprentice

Ah - so when you say apprentice - you mean a spanner hander, Its true to say I wouldn't trust the 'kids' at ATL to do anything else but hope if/when I get one that I can let them do the job while I'm watching with tea in hand ;)

hope if/when I get one that I can let them do the job while I'm watching with tea in hand ;)

It doesn't quite work like that.

A good apprentice is one who pays attention and thinks ahead. Even at times when all he can do is watch, being handed the correct tool or fitting before you ask shows they are learning and thinking.

It doesn't quite work like that.

A good apprentice is one who pays attention and thinks ahead. Even at times when all he can do is watch, being handed the correct tool or fitting before you ask shows they are learning and thinking.
Yes I agree . You get one who wants to learn and one who doesn't give a s***
I'm lucky

alright fuzzy ye mate not off here tho am gunna give paul some experience soon ^ got a young lad who was looking for work on the gumtree from st helens hes been pretty spot on since monday and he started his tech cert in sep.

oh good, prob is there is no tech cert in sep? which college is he going to?

hi mate, im from just outside liverpool however I do have a car to get to you an back. I'm 18 an currently doing a plumbing course at st helens college. I'm a 1st year student. If I can still apply I would like some more information please. Message or call on 07834355168.
Thanks liam.

whilst money for youngsters /apprentices will always draw differing opinions lets not lose sight of the fact there are many young people who often plead for a chance on here for no pay just like the original poster has offered [with pay] and who knows where it may lead for them.I agree with Puddle and say thanks as well for the offer you have put forward mdh.plumber:)regards turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to few weeks work in merseyside on bathrooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock