Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE 31C Circulation Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran197

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Been to the above horrendous heap of junk this evening to do a service. She tells me she's got a problem with the heating and fault code d2.

I've found out d2 is that the ch temp has gone above the set temp and that the boiler is cooling until the temp is lower. Now the upstairs rads were coming on and the pump seemed to be working fine. Barely anything on the return. Boiler on middle floor, all the rads there were fine and so was the rad upstairs.

1 rad downstairs was working ok, but the other 2 barely any heat. Vented it and topped up the pressure. Tried forcing it through by turning the rads off and the return still cold.

Is there a filter on this boiler or any common issues with regards to blocking up anywhere? All on 15mm pipe. System hasn't been fitted particularly well.

Hi,

Been to the above horrendous heap of junk this evening to do a service. She tells me she's got a problem with the heating and fault code d2.

I've found out d2 is that the ch temp has gone above the set temp and that the boiler is cooling until the temp is lower. Now the upstairs rads were coming on and the pump seemed to be working fine. Barely anything on the return. Boiler on middle floor, all the rads there were fine and so was the rad upstairs.

1 rad downstairs was working ok, but the other 2 barely any heat. Vented it and topped up the pressure. Tried forcing it through by turning the rads off and the return still cold.

Is there a filter on this boiler or any common issues with regards to blocking up anywhere? All on 15mm pipe. System hasn't been fitted particularly well.

Yes, there is! It's located on the return isolation valve, it's a stainless mesh tube. I've removed a couple from offending boilers in the past and had no comebacks. Just drain boiler and remove the ribbed cap with a set of grips.
Chuffing stupid idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok. I've had similar issues on Baxi Megaflos in the past. This Ferroli had an integral filling loop. If I go back I'll whip the loop off and have a butchers. There's no mention of a filter in the installation manual.

Do you work on these much Bogrodder? The inside had a fair amount of surface corrosion but the fga wasn't too bad. Anything that usually causes that?

when i see ferroli mentioned i like to hide under my duvet lol along with baisa , ravenheat ,, ooo il have nightmares tonight lol

I know, they're just horrible things aren't they. This customer was recommended a Ferroli by her friend. I didn't say it, but I thought, some friend she is! The lady said she's had nothing but trouble with it since it was fitted.

when i see ferroli mentioned i like to hide under my duvet lol along with baisa , ravenheat ,, ooo il have nightmares tonight lol

You gotta love a Ravenheat Kris, Sencer Lion went out of his way to fit effin tons of them them. You canna beat the condensing ones, they are extra special!! :83:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE 31C Circulation Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock