Search the forum,

Discuss feed and vent pipework improvements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris1970

hi,
i've had someone look at my heating system recently and he wants to combine the feed and vent pipes to help eliminate the air and other problems i have been experiencing over the last year following a boiler and pump upgrade.
he also wants to remove the vent. arm above the F and E tank which i'm unsure this the right thing to do ?
here's some drawings of my system and possible modifications:

central heating.jpgboilerpipes.jpgfeed and vent connections.jpgairing cupboard.jpg

That fernox filter looks like its on the CH flow pipework, should be on return back to boiler.

Why not suggest converting to a sealed system with a robo kit?

But saying that you shouldn't have to, there will be a reason its drawing in air and you cant see very well from your pictures how the vent and fill is set up, check the tee where the fill joins by the vent isn't blocked. You can use a magnet to do this.

hi, yes a magnet sort of attracts to it , i'll drain the system and cut the joints out and then decide what to do for the best.
there's not much space above the boiler for the filter but maybe i should look into it.

Some manufacturers are ok with combined feed and vent some are not ,I would check with them first not your installer

hi,
the feed pipe was about half blocked or a bit worse , also the pipe from boiler to pump is quite bad.
also the f&e tank was a bit silted up again and had some orange/yellow jelly on top and a white/grey fungus type stuff (f&e tank was immaculate 3 months ago and boiler only run for a couple of days).
so i need to decide now how to feed the system.
i'm thinking to run a 22mm pipe up behind the emersion tank and fitting a shut off valve, then from there i can decide to fit either robo kit or run 22mm upto f&e tank.

100_0032 (2).jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0018.jpg

100_0035.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to feed and vent pipework improvements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock