Search the forum,

Discuss Fan running constantly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

We have a logic system 24 boiler. I turned the boiler ofr for 2 weeks while away. Ever since then the fan is running constantly. Even when the burner is off or the programmer is set to off the fan is running. The code on the display is 'c' which i think means that the boiler thinks there is demand for bot water, but not 100% on this.
Tbe fan seems to be over heating so at the moment i am manually switching the boiler on once a day for an hour to keep the cylinder topped up.
Any ideas as to why the fan switch off and why the boiler is in 'c' mode, presumable sorting this will switch the fan off??
Thanks

Hi

We have a logic system 24 boiler. I turned the boiler ofr for 2 weeks while away. Ever since then the fan is running constantly. Even when the burner is off or the programmer is set to off the fan is running. The code on the display is 'c' which i think means that the boiler thinks there is demand for bot water, but not 100% on this.
Tbe fan seems to be over heating so at the moment i am manually switching the boiler on once a day for an hour to keep the cylinder topped up.
Any ideas as to why the fan switch off and why the boiler is in 'c' mode, presumable sorting this will switch the fan off??
Thanks
Sounds like you need a gas safe registered engineer to have a look for you mate. One question I do have, is what timer do you have?

The programmer is a Salus ep101.

I have turned the programmer into off mode, but the boiler is still in c mode. So possibly not a programmer fault.

I think there are stats on the cylinder could they be faulty?

To have someone to look inside your boiler, you will need someone who is gas safe registered. The C is usually a central heating demand, check everything is off for heating, unless of course you want/need it on? It could also be a motorised valve stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone needs to fiddle with stuff inside, time to call a gas safe registered engineer

Great help!!
UkPF is a very helpful organisation of experts in their respective fields and we get plenty of compliments from diyers and housholders in various degrees of trouble. One thing we never do is provide info about internal investigations by unqualfied people on potentially dangerous equipment. There is a Gas Fitters Forum where your problem can be discussed and the solution arrived at. By all means JWG83 join that forum after passing your GSR certs of confidence and having adequate experience and insurance. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hoping the op wasn’t sniping at what is perfectly good advice. For avoidance of doubt they need a gas safe engineer as the issue is not DIY. Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fan running constantly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock