Discuss External gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All
As the title suggests is it possible to install a combi gas boiler on an external wall (actually out side). I imagine it would have to be in a cabinet of some sorts - does a specification exist for a cabinet or are they commercialy available? Or are there purpose built boilers for this application.
Many thanks in advance for help.
Regards

Last edited:
they can go in a outhouse as such,but would,nt recommend fitting outside in a cupboard

went on a freebie to vokera factory a few years ago, and seen loads of boilers fitted outside on balconies, but not sure if you can get any for GB

nothing to stop u putting one in a brick built cupboard (fire resistant and dry) as long as the internal dimensions meet MFIs in dimensions for installation. You would need to ensure electrical safety complies and the flue exit was to spec, and that adequate frost protecion was fitted to boiler and pipework. If u can mount a boiler in a garage your only fitting one in a smaller outside space.

Vokera make a condensing combi model is balcony HE its on there web site

You can get purpose made boxes to fit the boilers outside,one of the private estates I work on ,has just had a load of vaillants fitted outside on balconies in these boxes,what reason would there be prevent this?
Could be argued ,a lot safer having outside than in

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for all your replies.
Puddle I would be interested if you know who makes those boxes.
We have 2 very small ground floor flats to install and the external option would be very beneficial on this occaission.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External gas boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock