Discuss Expansion vessel hose in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The cylinder is an rmc group cylinder if anyone has heard of these. I tested the pressure after the pressure reducing valve to be around 3.5 bar but the system was ok. Well the cylinder was warm.

Having read lots of posts regarding unvented cylinder problems I have never heard of one that has a installed pressure gauge, seems a bit strange?.

Having read lots of posts regarding unvented cylinder problems I have never heard of one that has a installed pressure gauge, seems a bit strange?.
It's a DHW system, not a nuclear reactor! If a pressure measurement is needed for some reason it's easy to attach a temporary test gauge to a HW outlet. Also, you need to be careful adding permanent pressure gauges as it's easy to create blinds (dead legs) in the process.

Reply to Expansion vessel hose in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion vessel hose? Do I simply turn the boiler off, drain the boiler and swap hoses, using some PTFE tape?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock