Discuss Expansion Tank sounds like a foghorn in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We recently dropped the house water pressure from 70 to 60 psi and increased the pressure in the expansion tank from 40 to 60 psi as I was told that they should be the same. The hot water tank and the expansion tank are 3 months old and there were no issues when the house pressure was at 70 psi. There are no issues when we open up a bathroom or kitchen faucet. However, when we flush the toilet or turn on the shower the expansion tank sounds like a foghorn for a few seconds. If the toilet is flushed 5 minutes later all is quiet. But after 15 minutes the foghorn sounds will return as the pressure in the line has time to build up. I have turned the water off to both toilets and the sound is still there when we turn on the shower. Everything I read online states that the noise could happen when the pressure is to high or if there is a large discrepancy between the house pressure and the pressure in the expansion tank. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to Expansion Tank sounds like a foghorn in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock