Discuss Excessive Water Consumption - Ideas welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

We look after a number of multiple occupancy buildings. This one has 82 Flats with 1/2 bedroom flats.

My outfit do all the plumbing/heating for the private leaseholders and the c/h etc for management company for this building.

Now, Phase 1 - has 51 people in it - the water consumption has risen 230% in the past 18 months - they used to
get thro 118 litres a day per person in 2011 but are doing in 2.5 times that now !

Normal consumption is about 145 litres per person per day but these are wrinklies who always consume less.

Our thoughts are .........1. Big Leak after meter 2. Water meter misreading or malfunction
.....and there are no dialysis machines on site.

Any ideas ? .............we will of course report back here when we nail it

centralheatking:clap:

Leak at a guess. Get some poor sod to watch the meters during the early hours and you'll know.

We look after a number of multiple occupancy buildings. This one has 82 Flats with 1/2 bedroom flats.

My outfit do all the plumbing/heating for the private leaseholders and the c/h etc for management company for this building.

Now, Phase 1 - has 51 people in it - the water consumption has risen 230% in the past 18 months - they used to
get thro 118 litres a day per person in 2011 but are doing in 2.5 times that now !

Normal consumption is about 145 litres per person per day but these are wrinklies who always consume less.

Our thoughts are .........1. Big Leak after meter 2. Water meter misreading or malfunction
.....and there are no dialysis machines on site.

Any ideas ? .............we will of course report back here when we nail it

centralheatking:clap:

Bit derogatory there

Maybe a lot of toilet flush valves letting by?

Someone left a tap running?

I agree with Resolute something that is common to each apartment the volume of water is too high for a single leak source that wouldn't be noticed.

Thank you - we planned that and I am doing that Thursday at 5am- 7am to see if its going LALA
Leak at a guess. Get some poor sod to watch the meters during the early hours and you'll know.

I can see you approach - Thank You but essentially all the flats are the same as when they
were built 7 years ago and this prob has only occured in the last 18 months - same no residents give or take 1 or 2 and water thro meter has gone up 230% then wind in the sewage multiplyer the actual ÂŁ increase is quite amazing
I agree with Resolute something that is common to each apartment the volume of water is too high for a single leak source that wouldn't be noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Excessive Water Consumption - Ideas welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Need some advice - we have a large garage that has a flat above it with its own (1 year old) oil fired combi. It is not being used since we moved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock