Discuss EuP Directive Old "D" rated pumps baned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

After 1st Jan 2013 you will have to fit energy saving pumps like Grundfos Alpha and Magna

It will not be possible to buy the old UPS pumps

So they say!

How are they going to stop selling heads for combis that need the old ups 15-50. Not going to be phased out for years yet

It doesn't cover combi's so you will still be able to get them

The new Baxi Platinum and the new Vaillant range due out next month will come with these new energy efficient pumps.

Standalone pumps will have to be of the new type, but I think existing ones on combis can just be simply replaced like for like.

will they still be sold, or will we be arrested fitting them?

Has seemed a bit of an oddity for a while now fitting A rated boilers but C / D rated pumps.

SEDBUK ratings will be changing soon to take into account the electrical efficiency of the boiler as well. So manufacturers will need to make there other components more efficient to keep within the top level.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

sedbuk can stick there ratings where the sun dont shine i a m buying pumps up for stock now,i mean its a pump for Christs sake it dont use that much leccy

sedbuk can stick there ratings where the sun dont shine i a m buying pumps up for stock now,i mean its a pump for Christs sake it dont use that much leccy
you know the part L police will be kicking in doors looking for substandard pump hoarders

Lmao! I think you save about 50p over the lifetime of the pump in lectric

heating world of spares lads if you want to build stock for combis ask for the grundfos special

I thought it very surprising that Wilo had a little cardboard calculator that compared THEIR older standard pump with their new Smart Wilo. The smaller the house, the larger the savings in ten years. The savings, they claim, can be anything from just less than £200 to about £500 for ten years.
Obviously they have created the best saving theory potential, but I find those figures hard to believe. I thought the electric used in a pump was tiny, even if on most of every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EuP Directive Old "D" rated pumps baned in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock