Discuss estimated the water volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How can I estimated the water volume of underfloor heating? so as to size the correct expansion vessel?

I don't know the exact length of pipework that's been installed as i didnt install it

Thanks

Depends on pipe centres , lengths etc ,,,, u can roughly say Water Volume @ 200mm centres = 0.85 litres per sm,, but your pipe centres may differ ,

Allow for 150mm centres and you should be OK
Better to be slightly over sized on the vessel than under

It's not a real science, I'd say go a little bigger if your concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to estimated the water volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
Back