Discuss Estate Agent Letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blayedrunner

Looking to go round the estate agents to do Landlords Certs. Has anyone put a letter together that got them through the door or got them jobs???? If anyone would be generous enough to PM the letter I would send very good vibes :)

I sent out around 30 to local agents just before xmas. I had one phone call and they wanted to know if I could do them cheaper than the £35 they were currently paying!

I walked into about 10 sod all good. One I did get past the first stages rang me back agreed a price of £50 or ten in a row for £450 but were in contract to another plumber but good luck

Good luck to you mate. If I get a call from an agent looking for someone, I'll give them your number. They're a pain in the neck if not lower.

most are usually more interested in your hidden cash back schemes rather than your charges

imho

Whats the fascination with working for estate agents? From what i gather on here its not a big earner and if you find faults i bet it can be a right pain .

Not fascinated, just like all of us trying to fill my weekly diary up with work.

Most of the guys I know have found exactly the same as what I found with estate agents. The vast majority are:
Dishonest.
Unreliable.
Always out to find the cheapest of the cheap.
Bad payers even if you did manage to be the cheapest.

And that was BEFORE the downturn in the housing market, when they were still raking it in. Imagine what your chances are of earning something of them today.
You can easily end up loosing money for doing quote after quote, only to find out you have wasted your time and fuel.

By the responses i guess no one does Landlords certs then lol.... I wonder how they manage to stay renting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estate Agent Letter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock