Search the forum,

Discuss Enlarging sink basin hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teddyman5

Need to increase the sink basin tap hole diameter by about 3mm. Could I use a tile file do you think?

if you have a half round one you should be able to do that. i would go slow though or you may risk cracking the basin.

Fair enough. Trouble is whatever you do is going to look rough as hell. Put your new monobloc into storage until you replace your bathroom suite or see if you can make a profit on ebay, there are perfectly nice mixer taps on the market that would fit your existing basin.

That's the problem, there aren't. 200mm centres for the tap holes mean I can only find one and it's £200 plus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Enlarging sink basin hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only problem is it's a tiled floor and the original toilet has been fit then tiled around. So when I remove they'll be a hole in the floor tiling. The new...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head covers only need to change the tap head covers really Problem is the old tap head covers wont turn! Any ideas please? Thanks
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below that is my ‘test rig’ screwed into the garage wall (same blocks as used in the bathroom). At present I have just over 28kg sitting on these brackets...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock