Discuss End of year tax books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I do my end of year books myself and don't use an accountant, and I was just wondering today that when you do your ccn1 +appliances you can take the cost of the course off of your earnings, but can you also book down the loss of earnings from not being at work for the time you are there? Cheers

I don’t think so. Cos, would you do the above if your van’s packed up, holidays, time off sick, no work, got stuck in traffic, lunch break, queuing at the merchants, bad weather!? Don’t think so.

Surely your tax position is based on income less deductible expenses?

In which case your income is already reduced as a result of not earming
during the course.

^^^^^^^ yep ,

the ACS is obviously classed as a business expense and obviously helps offset the tax you pay.

Time taken off doing it ... Nope

Anyone know how it works if you have a non payer, can you put this as some sort of loss?

You don't put through all invoices.

You put through what's paid.

My accountant said this is correct, if you invoice £50k but only get £30k in it'd be wrong to declare £50k & pay tax on £20k you've never seen.

Keep it simple.

non payers can be shown on a balance sheet if you use one but most wouldnt be going that deep into accounting systems as a sole trader. If your having to ask questions like this, I'd be advising you to use an accountant, they can do an awful lot more for you than youll ever know and a £300 fee can probably result in a couple of grands worth of savings which more than pays for the fee, which is also tax deductable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to End of year tax books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock