Discuss electrics on boiler installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

just wonderd how many of you do you own electrics when installing boilers(oviously qualified) and does it pay you to do your own or get a sparky in??

answers on a postcard.

just wonderd how many of you do you own electrics when installing boilers(oviously qualified) and does it pay you to do your own or get a sparky in??

answers on a postcard.

Do it myself mate. sparkys are clueless when it comes to ch wiring in my experience(I ain't kidding at all, deadly serious)

have to agree,sparkys dont know s*** from clay when it comes to ch wiring

a full central heating system wiring is notifiable and therefore you need your part p

Do my own wiring,always have,must admit many electricians do seem to get a mental block when it comes to heating controls.

Yes fuzzy ,some of us plumbers are capable of scraping together a few qualifications along the way :),the hardest thing was parting with all that money it cost :(

like plumbers there are good and bad sparkies, dont tar everyone lads

If it was only into a fuse spur I used to do it, I now get my electrician to do it, I can be doing other things that Iam better at while hes wiring it up.

speaking to a sparky we had on site and i was asking him about wiring in boilers etc, and apparently when they are in trainning they dont actualy go into much depth on wiring them in, so that maybe a reason why they are not to clued up on it, dont know how true it is though.

sparks are only as clued up on a system as there training and experience gives them.
if you as a gas engineer only installed boilers, then come to install a cooker and you'd make mistakes.
i do all our own electrics, mainly cos the 2 sparks we use were busy when we needed them
cost 1k but now not waiting for people to turn up when required. means i am a good plumber that can do heating wiring legally and well. Ask me to wire a house and legally i can do it however would be far cheaper (paying by hour) to call one of the above mentioned sparks !!

Shaun
Did you have to do full scope to be able to wire up houses?

Graham

thanks for the input lads, think im going to get some electrical quals along the way and see how i get on, at the end of the day i wouldunt want to be paying out to a sparky when i could be recieving more money for a job myself.

yep. so ive been told. sat a week course doing the part p.
dont understand how it works tho. students go to college study for 3 years on 17th edition, but cant sign off an install because they are not part p qualified. seems strange to me ?!

yes, alot of money for a short course!!!!!!!! seems odd to me that now i can do prettry much anythng wiring wise in a house, i dont even trust myself!

well done mate. Not everyone is cowboy you know.
YYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA:):):)

speaking to a sparky we had on site and i was asking him about wiring in boilers etc, and apparently when they are in trainning they dont actualy go into much depth on wiring them in, so that maybe a reason why they are not to clued up on it, dont know how true it is though.

yea thats spot on never know why it was never part of the course, can do private courses on it or just learn like i did (and have alll diagrams to had) there is a book from electricians on heating shows what can be used with what, because not evey part will be same make as honeywell diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrics on boiler installs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock