Discuss Electrical courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone recommend an electrical short course to do.

I am good on wiring heating systems etc but looking to expand to do more electrics etc as trying to get one when you need one is nearly impossible!

I know there is a couple of lads on here that have done courses and wondered if it is like the plumbing ones where you don't actually become qualified after forking out thousands?

As far as I am aware now you need to do a full NVQ to get registered with the competent person schemes. Someone will no doubt correct me if I am wrong but (without checking) I'm pretty sure that is now the case.

You either need to do an appreciation course, ie at manufacturers, or you do a full qualification, you can't be dipping your toe in and expect to be a spark, that's one of the big complaints I read on here of time served people moaning about people jumping into their trade

What about part P in England and wales is that not still available as a short course ? im in Scotland and part P was never recognized up here as far as I am aware..brum

No idea where you live but if you are near the South of England have a look at these guys!

[DLMURL="http://stevewillis.com/"]Steve Willis Training Centres[/DLMURL]

They are the ones who got me qualified and they are the only fast track training provider I've really been impressed with. No issues with failing anyone who doesn't meet the grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electrical courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock