Discuss electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we already had wireless leccy, I call it lightning

From a Triton MI
9.2 In the majority of installations, the cable
will unavoidably be placed in one or more
of the above conditions. This being so, it
is strongly recommended
to use a
minimum of 10mm cabling throughout
the shower installation.
9.3 In any event, it is essential that individual
site conditions are assessed by a competent
electrician in order to determine the correct
cable size and permissible circuit length.

What that basically says is stick a 10mm in and it should be fine but not always. It could require a bigger cable (16mm) or you may be able to safely use a 6mm if it is a short surface run.
That is why it is best left to those who know how to work it out to do the work and take the responsibility.
Same as gas.

It's better to put 10mm cable in. A 7.5kW shower will be fine on 8mm cable. But, say a year later you are comming back to the same house - a 10kW shower needs to go in... DOH! 10mm cable has to run that. Why not to put 10mm in the first place!?

Tbf bud a large part of that life seems to be winding people up.

Who in their right mind would pass up a job as simple as wiring a shower? If you get there and the cable/isolation/fuse looks dodgy then you walk away. Simple.
TBF Chum no its not

It's better to put 10mm cable in. A 7.5kW shower will be fine on 8mm cable. But, say a year later you are comming back to the same house - a 10kW shower needs to go in... DOH! 10mm cable has to run that. Why not to put 10mm in the first place!?

cmon alex we left the thread a long way back, it wireless leccy and panto land now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains) The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Been getting large amounts of sediment coming through the electric shower. Had two plumbers look at the job who are unsure of how the sediment...
Replies
Views
Hi and thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am a DIYer and need to take off and reinstall my Aqualisa Aquastream to remove the tiles before...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock