Discuss Electric boiler and unvented cylinder. Zone it or just go direct? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Just wondering what people think about the system i'm looking at doing.

Got an Amptec electric boiler and an unvented cylinder going in. I just don't know whether to keep the cylinder direct and just let the boiler do heating or go indirect and 2 port the system.

Its only a small 3 bed holiday home thats having a complete overhaul, they're having a bath and not a shower for some reason.

Im thinking of keeping it direct, thats less pipework and less controls?

BUT... with the reheat time on the cylinder being better through an indirect system, is that still the same with the electric boiler and not gas.

Not had many run ins with these electric boilers yet.

What do you guys think?

The reheat times for the cylinder will depend on the heat input of the coil, the one I was looking at last week was rated at 23kw. I'd go direct on the cylinder, cheaper overnight electric and let the amptec worry about the heating only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric boiler and unvented cylinder. Zone it or just go direct? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock