Discuss "Easyfit" tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredsie

Hi all

I have a single hole mixer tap on my kitchen sink I would like to replace. The ceramic sink is very deep and close to the wall and so access to the underside of the tap is very difficult. I wondered though if I might be able to replace the top of the tap and leave the plumbing below intact.
The reason I suggest this is that the tap when originally bought was described as easyfit or easyfix or something like that, and comes in two halves. The base has the tails and the fitting which clamps to the sink. it has two holes in the top, one for hot and one for old. The top half has the taps and spout, and the base has two protruding pipes with double o-rings. It simply presses down onto the base and is held on with a small grub screw.

Tap2s.jpgTap1s.jpg

Obviously it would be ideal to buy a replacement which uses the same system - fitting it would be a 2 minute job. But I don't know the make of it.

Does anyone recognise this type of fitting or manufacturer?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Easyfit" tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock