Discuss Earh bonding for gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Why do sparks always think its ok to bring the earth through our gas sleeve? And why dont plumbers/gas men seem to notice?

It's not my problem mate! The bonding can be internal if it's a cavity box on side of a garage.
Nice one to keep up your sleeve tho, un sealed or in appropriately sealed cavity box = at risk! That includes using plumbers mate instead of FJC aka donkey dinger

Would it be against regs to put the earth through the gas sleeving? Can't find it referred to anywhere if it is. Wouldn't have thought it would be a big problem as it's the same earth that's connected to the gas pipe.

If it's an inset box I think it's one of the recommended routes. Only other route is to come out of brick work at the bottom and up into the box.

If it's an inset box I believe that recommended practice is earth bond as it enters the property,ie other side of the wall,not in the box. Can't remember where I saw that now though,and it's unlikely to be visable once complete. Can't see an issue with it being run alongside the gas pipe in the sleeve though as long as you seal it all in with fjc?

If it's an inset box I believe that recommended practice is earth bond as it enters the property,ie other side of the wall,not in the box. Can't remember where I saw that now though,and it's unlikely to be visable once complete. Can't see an issue with it being run alongside the gas pipe in the sleeve though as long as you seal it all in with fjc?

Ground boxes so just a standard sleeve through the wall. As Adam has said though when soldering it can burn the earth wire.

Even if the earth wire does melt the plastic coating and is touching the pipe, it's connected to the pipe anyway, so what does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Earh bonding for gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Back