Discuss durco vale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MOONDONKEY

Hi
Can you tell me waht a durco valve is and what its used for.
Thanks

It's mainly used to terminate soil pipes internally. Otherwise known as an air admittance valve.

Think you mean Durgo valve. It's an air admittance valve that allows air into the soil stack, but not out.

It's mainly used to terminate soil pipes internally. Otherwise known as an air admittance valve.

so why would my plumber want to install one in my upstairs bathroom, why not just vent to the atmosphere?

do you have a soil stack that goes up through the ceiling and out of the roof?

so why would my plumber want to install one in my upstairs bathroom, why not just vent to the atmosphere?

cos he's a plumber not a roofer, or he doesn't like heights. Only way to really know is ask him!, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

do you have a soil stack that goes up through the ceiling and out of the roof?

We're having a new bathroom upstairs and as such moving the soil stack. It looks to me he doesn't want to put in a soil stack that vents to the atmosphere? Am i right?

have you asked him to do it externally ....? if dont ask you dont get . I am doing a job now where its internal as that is what client has agreed with the builder !
If they asked me to put it external i would have safe them ÂŁ45.00 for the DURGO

perhaps its to stop or ease syphoning if there is a long run to stack?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to durco vale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The short version of my question is: Where in a 4 story vertical stack would a blockage have to be for sewage gases to come back out of a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock