Search the forum,

Discuss durability / chips - ceramic kitchen sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone have experience of kitchen sinks being chipped from cutlery etc being dropped in. I like the look however have had bathroom sinks ending up being chipped in the past.

Alternative may be composite - any recommendations?

Yes normally on the cheaper side of the sinks

Had one for about 5 years. Looked lovely when installed. One or two tiny chips from cutlery / crockery but nothing major. Beginning to look a bit worn and scuffed around the waste.

If you want a waste disposal unit check if one can be fitted before you buy. Ours is Blanco and you can't fit a waste disposal (vibration).

Composite ones also get scratched and chip if you drop stuff in them, especially the coloured ones which aren't the same colour all the way through. Ceramic ones aren't very forgiving with your crockery, the plate will break before your sink does.

Reply to durability / chips - ceramic kitchen sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock